Best Eyeshadow for Wrinkled Eyelids, Best Mac Eyeshadows for Mature Eyes

Best Eyeshadow for Crepey Eyelids
Best Eyeshadow for Crepey Eyelids 


Best Eyeshadow for Crepey Eyelids: If ever there was a makeup dilemma that could make us scream out loud then it is crepey eyelashes. After being my part of a meltdown when applying eyeshadow to dry, crepe lids, I have some valuable ideas for navigating this problem.

Applying eyeshadow to the lid of a crepe can be frustrating; However, there are some easy remedies that begin by taking care of your internal and external health. (Makeup for Crepey Under Eyes) I also have a few tricks with makeup that will make it much easier to manage. That being said, here are my top four tips for navigating crepe eyelids like a savvy senior.

Best Mac Eyeshadows for Mature Eyes-Best Eyeshadow for Mature Hooded Eyes


Treat dryness and improve health
What causes crepe skin? Our skin becomes more dry with the collagen loss that comes with age. It is also enhanced by dehydrated and nutrient-deprived skin and poor health. (Makeup for Older Eyes) To improve crepe skin, I recommend taking care of both your internal and external health with hydration and nutrients.


For example, taking essential fatty acids like omega 3 and 6 makes a big difference in the smoothness and softness of your skin. So drinking a lot of water and taking supplements strengthens your immune system and overall physical health. The more nutrient-dense foods, skincare, and vitamins you take, the more improvement you will find in skin elasticity and softness. Having said that, each body is unique to its needs, and it is for all of us to develop a self-care strategy that benefits our well-being to the highest level.


As far as skincare is concerned, I recommend getting an excellent serum. The serum is like a powerful multivitamin for the face! If you are going to spend money on a single product, I suggest that if the product allows it, it can buy an effective serum and use it on your face and around your eyes. I use Trudemal C Serum by Truth Treatment, and it helped me a lot. Or, if you like eye cream, try Bobby Brown Extra Repair Eye Cream and tap it around your eye once or twice a day.


Very little makeup on the eyelid
When you work on your health and use your serum, you will see a definite change in the texture of your skin. As your skin improves, you can use more makeup products on the lid, but in general, keep products like concealer, foundation, eye base, and powder out of the lid area. (Best Eyeshadow Palette for Over 50) When you apply the product on crepe eyelashes, they look amazing and do not settle into the skin as they normally would. As your skin improves, however, you should be able to use all of the above items without difficulty.


Speaking as a professional makeup artist, I usually use the foundation on the lid to flush out the skin, and I use the eye base on the oily eyelids to keep the powder eye shadow from shrinking. On my own lids, I use concealer to help cover my hyperpigmentation, but I don't have oily lids, so it doesn't come to the crease. A word of advice: Keep the powder and powder foundation as far away from dry skin as possible as it gets set in those fine lines.


Avoid Shimmer Shadow
I prefer a little shimmer in my life. I love it in my jewelry and my eyeshadow! Problems occur when my skin, or someone's skin is dry or dehydrated, and can cause shimmer to look shiny and flaky. (Crepey Eyelids Before and After) In this example, my advice is to either use frosty and shimmering shadows or use them sparingly.


For a wonderful matte eyeshadow palette try Jane Iredale's Day Time Eyeshadow Palette. To apply the shimmer strategically, using your ring finger, apply a little iridescent shadow pressure to the center of your lid, avoiding as many crepe bits as possible. This way you look a little glamorous without much makeup.


Pay attention to the liner
If you have crepey, hooded, or small lids, then I suggest you focus on eyeliner instead of eyeshadow. It takes practice but knowing how the eyeliner is applied can change your entire look and make you feel like a rock star. And who doesn't want that? For a detailed tutorial on how to apply eyeliner, click here. If you are looking for guidance on hooded lids, check out my video on how to make hood eyes pop.

In short, apply the liner mainly to the upper eye as under the eyes, and blend well to remove any sharp lines. In addition, choose a complementary eyeliner shade that enhances your eye color. For example, blue eyes come alive with blue-gray, lavender, or warm brown. 

(Best Mac Eyeshadows for Mature Eyes) Do you have green eyes Try grape, bronze, or purple liner? For you brown-eyed beauties, go for charcoal, green, navy, or black for darker skin. Hopefully, you won't like my meltdowns on crepey lashes. As I got older, self-care took a higher priority, and I not only in my skin but in my

Post a Comment

If you have any problem you can tell in the comments
I can only post this on the problem you have. Let me just comment

Previous Post Next Post